Help officer from Australia plan trip

Description of your first forum.

Help officer from Australia plan trip

Postby cdillon » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:45 pm

My name is Colin Iles I am a retired Police sergeant from the New South Wales police force, Australia. My two brothers and I are planning to travel to the USA in June 2015. Our plan is to travel from Chicago to Los Angeles along the entire length of the old route 66. It is our intension to invite a retired member of your association to accompany/drive us on this trip that will include all travel costs met by us plus other benefits; we would be happy to enter into an agreement and we have prepared a draft agreement explaining our mission: this agreement is negotiable.
The purpose of making contact at this early stage is to provide time to locate a suitable and compatible retired officer in the states who may show some interest in joining 3 Aussies on a holiday giving both parties time to organize travel arrangements. We have previously travelled to the states and found that driving on the wrong side of the road very challenging, much to the enthusiastic gestures of other American motorists.
I have survived a stroke leaving me slightly disabled which excludes the possibility of travelling on a motorcycle or driving a convertible Mustang. The other two are in good health; I don’t know why drinking that much red wine and beer. We have a few miles on our odometer making us 60, 62 and 50 years of age- no longer young larrikins however still enjoy a good laugh.
We are happy to undergo any probity check through the New South Wales police association and would appreciate being put in touch with any member who may be interested in this venture.

My mobile phone number is 0411474906 and i live at 18 Murray street Merrylands New South Wales mailto:Walesilesc@optusnet.co.au

I cannot fly long haul so one of my brothers and i will sail on a cruise ship to Vancouver and train it to Chicago. we anticipate being away from home for about 3 months so that is the reason for the amount of time needed for planning and organizing this trip. we would prefer to do the trip in your summer hence June, 2015. if anyone shows interest we will negotiate directly with that person as we have prepared a written agreement of terms and conditions hopefully covering all the “what if’s”.
Regards
Colin Iles
Sergeant (retired) NSWP 15334
ilesc@optusnet.com.au
cdillon
Site Admin

Return to Your first forum