Reporter needs feedback on 12 hour days

Description of your first forum.

Reporter needs feedback on 12 hour days

Postby cdillon » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:51 am

Greetings, 

My name is Noah Johnson with the Chicago Reporter newspaper. I'm working on a story that explores how working longer shifts than normal for consecutive days affect police officers (particularly working 12 hour shifts with no days off for extended periods of time.) This is as there have been a number of no days off stretches and mandatory 12-hour shifts in the city for several months this year. 

I'm reaching out in hopes that you could connect me to current or former police officers willing to share their experiences. I'd like to ask them what it feels like to work a 12-hour shift with no days off for consecutive days. What kind of impact does it have on them? How do they cope with it? Do they think it impacts their ability to police? I'd like to speak with at least three individuals willing to share their thoughts.

I'm at 312-221-2636. My deadline is set for Wednesday at 9 a.m. I'd love to speak with individuals before then, if at all possible. Please give me a call if you'd like to learn more about this request. 

Regards,
Noah J  

Noah Johnson<njohnson@chicagoreporter.com>
cdillon
Site Admin

Return to Your first forum